We can guide you through all the formalities related to acquiring a ready-made company in Montenegro
. You can rely on us if you are interested in purchasing a shelf company or starting a new business in Montenegro
What are the legal forms a shelf company can take?
Ready-made companies are required to comply the same requirements as new companies
, meaning that they are incorporated under the provisions of the Company Law
before being put to age. From this point of view, limited liability companies are the easiest to register and the simplest to use to complete various activities. There are the private and public enterprises
, however, among them, the private type is far easier to set up and to sell. It is also the most employed legal entity by local entrepreneurs in Montenegro.
Shelf companies have a broad use everywhere in the world, including in Montenegro, and they can even be exploited in some of the most prolific industries here, however, because some of them require meeting various licensing requirements, this aspect must be considered when having to choose between an aged and a new business.
Our company registration agents in Montenegro can guide foreign investors through the purchase of various types of shelf companies.
Documents accompanying a Montenegro shelf company upon sale
The simple acquisition of a shelf company
is not limited to the transfer of ownership, as this business form must have all the original incorporation documents in order for a legitimate sale. If you plan on buying a ready-made company in Montenegro
, you should also expect to receive the following documents:
- its Memorandum and Articles of Association in original;
- the tax identification number and, in some cases the VAT number;
- the Certificate of Registration in original.
Out of these, the Memorandum and Articles of Association need to be amended and filed once more with the local office of the Trade Register. In exchange, a Certificate of Registration will be issued.
If you are interested in a shelf company for sale in Montenegro, we are at your disposal for assistance in finding an entity that meets your business goals.
Characteristics of shelf companies in Montenegro
Those who want to open a Montenegro company
have two choices: to incorporate a new business or to purchase a shelf company
which comes with some of the requisites imposed by the Company Law
. The main advantage of a shelf company
is the fact that some company registration steps can be skipped.
A Montenegro ready-made company comes with the following:
- a trade name which is one of the most important requirements when registering a company;
- a corporate bank account, which can represent an advantage considering the procedure for opening it is lengthier;
- the incorporation documents which can be amended based on the requirements of the new owner;
- the tax identification number, which allows the company to start its activities right away;
- the VAT number – most Montenegro shelf companies come with VAT numbers issued alongside the tax identification number;
- a company director which is a requirement imposed by the Montenegro legislation.
When it comes to what a Montenegro shelf company does not have, we should mention that there are cases in which such a company does not have an object of activity. This will be established by the new owner once purchased.
Who can purchase ready-made companies in Montenegro?
Both local and foreign entrepreneurs
can buy shelf companies in Montenegro
. This decision is usually based on the availability of such companies and how soon the investor wants to start operating. It is also useful to know that most of the times, shelf companies
are registered as limited liability companies which is one of their greatest benefits.
With a vast knowledge in corporate matters, our company registration agents in Montenegro
can help you choose between the shelf companies
available on the market. It is also best to have the company verified
before acquiring it.
The costs of a Montenegro shelf company will be influenced by its age and legal structure, which is why we advise you to select a few companies among which you choose the right one for you.
The most common uses of a ready-made company in Montenegro
A shelf company can be used for various purposes, however, its most common one refers to conducting various business operations. Apart from that, a Montenegro aged company can also be employed for:
- relocating a business from another country to Montenegro by incorporating the history of the foreign company into the purchased one;
- obtaining financing and business loans from local banks (banks usually verify company backgrounds before approving loans);
- entering private-public partnerships with Montenegrin authorities for various projects;
- creating joint venture agreements with other companies in Montenegro;
- establishing a subsidiary of an existing company, however, this is one of the rarest uses of this business form.
Montenegrin shelf companies have broad uses and the main decision before acquiring such a business and creating a new one usually resides in the limited time an investor has to start the activities.
If you are interested in a shelf company in Montenegro, you can rely on our local agents for guidance on what to check upon its purchase. Or you can use our company due diligence services for a thorough verification of the entity to acquire. It is also worth noting that it usually is more expensive to buy a ready-made company compared to registering a new one.
Tax aspects to consider when buying a Montenegrin shelf company
When it comes to taxation
, there are no differences between such an entity and a new one. This means that the acquired company will pay the same corporate tax as all other enterprises already operating in Montenegro. Moreover, similar tax benefits such as double tax treaties or tax exemptions apply to the foreign owners of shelf companies.
The shelf company is one of the simplest ways of entering the Montenegrin market, and our officers are at your service for assistance in buying one. Also, if your company does not a VAT number yet, we can help you obtain one.
Do not hesitate to reach out to our company formation officers in Montenegro for details on how to buy shelf companies.